Handling That Receipt Can Be Toxic!

BPA on receipts, BPS on receipts

Don't Take That Receipt Unless Necessary!

SIMPLE TIP OF THE DAY!

DON’T HANDLE RECEIPTS UNLESS NECESSARY, WASH HANDS AFTER TOUCHING AND DON’T LET CHILDREN HANDLE RECEIPTS OR MONEY!

Receipts used to be coated with toxic BPA (and many still are) which exposes you to high levels of the toxin when you hold the receipts and then transfer the dust into your mouth. You also get the chemical on your hands and transfer it to your phone, purse and anything else you may touch. Companies are coming out with “BPA free” receipts but we are finding out this is just yet again another instance of greenwashing. They have just replaced toxic BPA with seemingly equally toxic BPS, a sister of BPA. This allows them to call the product BPA free to give the consumer a feeling of confidence in the safety of the product, while still coating it in an endocrine disrupting hormone (this affects hormones by mimicking estrogen in the body). Money has also been found to contain a variety of toxic chemicals. Only take receipts when necessary, store then together in a zipped pouch, wash hands after handling, and never let children handle money or receipts to reduce exposure.

For more reading:

http://www.ewg.org/bpa-in-store-receipts

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20011903-10391704.html

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2011/03/21/toxic-bpa-receipts-make-sick/

http://cen.acs.org/articles/90/web/2012/05/BPA-Replacement-Permeates-Paper-Products.html

http://www.environmentalhealthnews.org/ehs/blog/safer-chemicals-easier-said-than-done

Did you like this? Share it:

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>