With all of the information out there about all the chemicals and toxins that are harmful to your health and the health of your family, it can be confusing and frustrating! What are the most important to avoid? Which are the most likely to harm you and your family? Where are the worst found? Well, Toxies.com has made it all a bit easier with the 2011 Toxies Feature the Worst of the Worst list!
Click Here to Read the Whole List on Toxies.com!
It is no surprise to Organic Baby University that the winner of the worst of the worst this year goes to hologenated flame retardants! We are trying to teach moms to find ways to avoid all chemical flame retardants as they are linked to a variety of health and reproductive problems for women who would like to have children one day, pregnant women, babies in utero and children!
The other losers include:
- Bisphenol-A, Least Sexy Performance
- Dioxin, Worst Chemical Body Burden
- Formaldehyde, Worst Hair-Raising Performance
- Halogenated Flame Retardants, Super Hot Mess
- Lead, Lifetime Achievement in Harm
- Mercury, Worst and Longest Running Performance
- Methyl Iodide, Worst Replacement Actor in a Series
- Perchlorate, Worst Special Effects
- Perchloroethylene, Worst Dressed
- Triclosan, Most Washed-Up
Please visit their site to get more information as well as to sign up to take action to stop these chemicals in our products and protect our children!
” 2011 Toxies Feature the Worst of the Worst :: The Toxies.” The Toxies. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 June 2011. <http://www.toxies.com/2011-toxies-feature-the-worst-of-the-worst/>.